Friday 20 February 2009

Half an apple a day....

Oil on canvas, 8x10 inches

...Keeps the doctor half-away? Away every other day? What? hehe

I decided to give myself a little break from the layering thing today, and this was the result. It's been a long while since I did a 'from life' wet-in-wet piece, and I suspect it shows! It was fun to paint though, which is the main thing!

It almost didn't happen at all - after I'd set it all up, balanced my whites, and sat down to start painting, the bulb in my main daylight lamp blew. I don't know how long they're meant to last - but I would've expected it to last longer than that! Of course, I didn't have a spare bulb that would fit (it's a different lamp to my others, and of course, I've got spares for them, but they're totally the wrong shape!), and I couldn't find my spare lamp anywhere (must've put it somewhere 'sensible' during my big painting room tidy up a couple of weeks ago!) so I had to hunt around the house for a new light source (and put the room back together again, after taking it apart hunting for the elusive spare lamp!) before I could start!

1 comment:

  1. You are very very good with your art. Very admirable. But where are you - no posts for many months.

    ReplyDelete